The platform of choice for safe and compliant emergency service vehicles.
As Avon Fire & Rescue Services are responsible for 22 fire stations and the safety of over 1 million citizens, their wide range of specialist emergency equipment requires careful management to remain compliant and ready for 24/7 response.
The way things used to be:
- Manual system meant repetitive entries of basic data.
- Filing and storing paperwork was time consuming, inefficient and prone to mistakes.
- Manual processing and control methods created additional risk.
- Servicing team described the paper system as “old fashioned” and “inefficient”.
- Avon F&R wanted to “operate a more professional system” that brought them into the 21st century for accurate and efficient fleet maintenance
Problems they faced & how r2c solved them:
- Extremely diverse range of equipment and vehicles, each has its own servicing requirements, detailed check sheets and timescales - r2c has been extensively developed and customised for the UK fire sector, with bespoke inspection sheets and full capabilities for all equipment and vehicles.
- Equipment and vehicles are spread across 23 sites - r2c system is flexible, cloud-based and reliable so can be used at the central workshop or out at one of the field stations for on-site repairs.
- Avon F&R use Civica’s Tranman fleet management system for stock control and compliance as part of the UK fire and rescue service - r2c has integrated the platform with Tranman, enabling Avon F&R to have a complete servicing and management package without having to re-key any information between the two.
Additional benefits they’ve found:
- Compliance management is now quality controlled and much more efficient.
- Operators can now view the status of any vehicle or ongoing repair work, enabling substation staff to check stages without the need for a phone call .
- Robust online system means piles of paperwork and manual mistakes are eliminated.
- Technicians have access to Best Practice for the Maintenance of Fire Service Vehicles at all times.
Ian Havens said...
“The easy on-screen procedures alert us to the servicing requirements of all our fleet and then servicing operators through the necessary checks and repairs. With all the data stored on an internet server, we have reduced our paperwork, reduced the time taken to input data and made our servicing operations as efficient as possible.”
“We have also integrally incorporated the Chief Fire Officer Association's guidelines on the Best Practice for the Maintenance of Fire Service Vehicles into the r2c solution, so now technicians can access and check this information as they do the work on the shop floor.”